A short course for older learners
NB: This activity has finished.
Four Monday afternoons, October & November 2023
A step-by-step practical guide to using WhatsApp on a phone – for beginners – and people already using WhatsApp – and people who do not have a smartphone.
What you will learn to do or understand
For a detailed list of WhatsApp possibilities, look at WhatsApp features. Here’s our shortened list …
- Texts, voice calls and video calls to anywhere in the world, using an Internet connection instead of an expensive voice and SMS plan.
- Use a phone to send photos, videos, recorded voice messages and documents.
- Join WhatsApp groups with family or friends.
- WhatsApp Web – do it on a larger screen if your phone is too small for comfort.
- Learn a lot more about phones and mobile tech in general.
Our training smartphones
- You will learn and practice WhatsApp with our training smartphones and SIM cards. You won’t need your own phone for the course (so people who don’t have a smartphone will fit in perfectly).
- By using one of our phones, you won’t be able to do anything that might compromise your online privacy.
- Our phones are set up identically to suit older learners.
- When you reserve a place on the course, we also reserve a smartphone for you to use.
- We have 22 training smartphones, so that is the maximum number of course learners.
- Mildmay Community Centre (address, map and traval information on our home page).
How to join the course, or ask for more info
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone / text to 07423 162019
By the way
This course is similar to, but not the same as, the 2022 WhatsApp for Senior Citizens.