Updated 1 December 2023
50+ happening now
Digital Drop-in – every Wednesday, 1 to 4 pm
- Wednesday afternoon drop-in at Mildmay Community Centre (near Newington Green) — open to all older people, for any reason — and nobody needs a referral letter — every Wednesday.
- There is more information on this page — so keep scrolling down …
Learning Together – Fridays, 2 to 4 pm
- This is a new Friday afternoon project at Mildmay Community Centre.
- It’s for digital beginners, people learning for the first time, people who want to learn again because it’s 2023 — and people who might not be beginners, but would like to help others who are.
- There is detailed information about this new project on page Learning Together.
Digital confidence, learning together
If you are 50 or over — please keep reading, because this is for you and it’s a free service.
Have you got a smartphone, tablet or laptop that you don’t quite understand?
Older people often feel a bit lost in a digital world that doesn’t seem to reflect their values or experience. But there is a lot you can do that is genuinely useful — both for yourself and your family or community.
We are here to help you find your own way through the digital maze — and be confident that you are doing the right thing.
No device, no Internet?
Most older people are like you. Sometimes it’s a choice. Sometimes it’s a lack of opportunity. Sometimes older people just don’t know how to get started.
We are here to help you over those obstacles.
And if you have decided that the Internet is not for you, we can help manage that choice too. We are here to help you with the life decisions that you make for yourself.
For more information, please join us at Mildmay Community Centre or visit our contact page.
Digital support for all older people
Mildmay Community Centre
Where the least connected get the most attention.
Wednesday Digital Drop-in for 1:1 help
- Every Wednesday, 1 to 4 pm
- It’s a drop-in for older people. That means you come when you can and leave when you must. You do not need an appointment or a referral.
- All older people welcome — for any purpose, digital or not.
- Internet access: we bring tablets and laptops, set up specifically for older beginners.
- You can bring your own device (especially if you have a problem with it) or you can use one of ours.
- Get help from our very experienced volunteer team.
- Mildmay CC has excellent, secure wifi for everyone who needs it.
Location and travel
- Mildmay Community Centre
Woodville Rd, Mayville Estate, N16 8NA
- Google map – Mildmay CC
- Newington Green bus stops: 21, 73, 141, 236, 341, 476.
- Matthias Rd bus stop: 236
- Nearest bus stop is the Matthias Rd 236 stop.
- Nearest station: Dalston Kingsland.
Our street map
The blue blobs show the position of bus stops. The pink line shows walking routes from the bus stops.
Digital inclusion is social inclusion
Inclusion feels like this …
This was normal service at Whitmore Community Centre in 2017 (with more in two other rooms). It could have been any of the other places we have used since 2006 — week after week, year after year — with or without funding.
Making connections …
When Florence connects at Mildmay Community Centre …
- Paper Craft – every Wednesday 11 am to 1 pm (in the café area).
Help, and how to ask questions
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone or text to 07423 162019