Think of us as old-school digital
This website …
- does not collect personal data
- does not track browsing activity
- does not log IP addresses
- does not collect, track or log anything
- does not use analytics services
- does not set cookies
- complies fully with the GDPR and Data Protection Act.
Embedded media (served from third-party sources)
- Youtube videos embedded in some of our pages are in no-cookies mode — which is really a delayed-cookies mode. Our tests suggest that Youtube is GDPR-compliant — it will not serve cookies to users who have not already accepted them.
- Spreaker audio episodes embedded in some of our pages seem to use a similar GDPR-compliant technique. No cookies — unless you have previously accepted them.
How cookies can track you
Below is an embedded Youtube video — it appears to be on our website, but it is actually on a Youtube server. If you have previously accepted Youtube cookies, it will set a new cookie as soon as you start playing the video — otherwise you can watch, cookie-free, until the end. How does Youtube know if you have accepted their cookies? That information is stored in a cookie.
Managing cookies – our suggestions
- If a website offers you a choice of accepting or rejecting cookies – do not take the easy way out. Accept only essential cookies. Reject all the others.
- Set up your web browser to delete all cookies when you close it — so you can start the following session with none at all.
- Remember what sites you have logged into — and log out of all of them when you have finished.