Cost of Living Information Event
Find out where and how to get help with energy bills, food, benefits and mobile phone data
The aim of this event is to provide you with information and practical support on four priority areas affected by the cost of living crisis: money, energy, food and staying connected.
- Encourage you to claim pension credit if you are eligible
- Help you practically to access other sources of financial support where those sources require referral by a professional, or where digital support with online forms is required.
- To provide information about where and how you can access free or subsidised food and data connectivity.
- To reassure you that help with energy/utility bills is available if you are struggling, and where you can go for advice if you need it.
- We will start at 10:15 am with short presentations on each of the focus areas: energy, food, staying connected and money
- This will be followed by 15 mins Q&A or open floor discussion.
- Then you can collect a handout pack, get a cup of tea or coffee, and circulate between the tables to talk to staff, ask questions, request referrals etc.
- We will finish at 12 pm.
- There will be lunch for people staying on for the Digital Drop-in that starts at 1pm.
Wednesday morning 21 September, 10:15 am to 12 noon– before the afternoon Digital Dropin.
- Mildmay Community Centre,
- Transport information, map and other details at 50pd.uk/#support
- If you are 50 or better, this is for you – wherever you live.
Organised by MRS – Independent Living