Notes on applying for Pension Credit
Updated 12 August 2022
These notes and links are for learners and volunteers at our Wednesday afternoon Mildmay Community Centre drop-in.
By the way – we cannot provide financial advice of any kind; it’s not what we do.
The 18 August deadline
- The deadline for the full £650 Cost of Living payment is Thursday 18 August 2022.
- To get the full £650, you must have qualified for Pension Credit between 26 April and 25 May.
- But Pension Credit applications can be backdated for three months so 18 August is the final cut-off date to start a claim for the Cost of Living payment.
If you live with someone else
- If you live with someone else, even if that person is not your partner — you must provide information about benefits that person receives.
Pension Credit Calculator
- Start with this — gov.uk/pension-credit-calculator
Links for Pension Credit and Cost of Living Payment
- MRS-IL August Newsletter: 50pd.uk/mrs-il-0822
- Independent Age: Pension Credit and Cost of Living announcement
- Citizens Advice: Check if you can get Pension Credit
- Age UK England: Pension Credit advice
- EntitledTo: Pension Credit
- Moneyhelper: Pension Credit
- Turn2Us: What is Pension Credit?
Are you looking for information about the Council Tax Energy Rebate? Visit our blog post Council tax energy rebate