Hands-on with digital photos
For creative senior citizens who want a result – at Mildmay Community Centre – Monday afternoons in June 2023
This is about understanding digital photos (and other images), so that you can use them effectively. We will provide the laptops and the initial photos. Keep reading …
What you will learn
Some example activities
Basic image handling refresher – how to –
- Recognise an image file on your device.
- Download from a website.
- Upload to a website.
- Attach to an email.
Simple photo editing – how to –
- Crop and resize.
- Adjust colour, brightness, contrast.
- Change image format.
Specific uses – how to –
- Optimise a photo for email, website, blog or social media.
- You will learn a lot more about the World Wide Web and how to use a web browser.
What you will experience
- Use a laptop (provided by us) to do something worthwhile.
- Use a free online photo editing site – example output below …
Click to see a high-resolution PDF version
When & where
- Four Monday afternoons (2 to 4 pm) – 5, 12, 19 and 26 June.
- Mildmay Community Centre.
Sign up first
Signing up in advance is essential, because we prepare learning materials for specific people whom we know are coming. Maximum 12 learners.
- Check the dates and times.
- Send an email to email@example.com (must be done by Saturday 3 June). Text messages seem to disappear, so we are not looking for them.
- Wait for a confirmation reply.
- Not suitable for digital beginners, or anyone who needs 1:1 help.
- Main guideline: you should have an email address that you know how to use without help (that’s why sign-up is by email only).
Bring your own laptop? Ok, provided that –
- You tell us you will bring your own.
- You must know how to use it (please understand that we cannot provide 1:1 help with your device).
By the way
- This is not about making digital photos, and it won’t help you become a better photographer.
- This is not about managing or moving your photo collection.
Organised by MRS – Independent Living (MRS-IL) – Digital Confidence project – 50pd.uk