A short course for older learners
Four Monday afternoons
(2 – 4 pm)
9 to 30 October 2023
A step-by-step practical guide to using WhatsApp on a phone – for beginners – and people already using WhatsApp – and people who do not have a smartphone.
What you will learn to do or understand
For a detailed list of WhatsApp possibilities, look at WhatsApp features. Here’s our shortened list …
- Texts, voice calls and video calls to anywhere in the world, using an Internet connection instead of an expensive voice and SMS plan.
- Use a phone to send photos, videos, recorded voice messages and documents.
- Join WhatsApp groups with family or friends.
- WhatsApp Web – do it on a larger screen if your phone is too small for comfort.
- How to protect your own privacy using WhatsApp.
- How to manage your phone when WhatsApp starts filling it up with photos and videos.
- Learn a lot more about phones and mobile tech in general.
- Mildmay Community Centre (address, map and traval information on our home page).
How to join the course, or ask for more info
- Email email@example.com
- Phone / text to 07423 162019
Your personal security and privacy
- This is important. You will use our safety-first training smartphones and SIM cards, not your own phone (so people who don’t have a smartphone will fit in perfectly).