A short course for older people who want free texts, phone calls & video calls — to anywhere
This course is now full.
Six Monday afternoons (1:30 – 3:30 pm) 30 May to 4 July
A step-by-step practical guide to using WhatsApp on a phone – for beginners – and people already using WhatsApp – and people who do not have a smartphone.
What you will learn to do or understand
For a detailed list of WhatsApp possibilities, look at WhatsApp features. Here’s our shortened list …
- Texts, voice calls and video calls to anywhere in the world, using an Internet connection instead of an expensive voice and SMS plan.
- Use a phone to send photos, videos, recorded voice messages and documents.
- Join WhatsApp groups with family or friends.
- WhatsApp Web – do it on a larger screen if your phone is too small for comfort.
- WhatsApp for Business (always good to know about).
- How to protect your own privacy using WhatsApp.
- How to manage your phone when WhatsApp starts filling it up with photos and videos.
- Mildmay Community Centre (directions and map below).
- We deliver courses in the delightful Community Café, from 1:30 to 3:30 pm.
How to join the course, or ask for more info
- The deadline for signing up was Wednesday 11 May — but the course list was full before then.
- However — sometimes learners drop out before courses begin, so we always have a waiting list. If you would like to join the waiting list, please contact us by phone or email …
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone / text to 07423 162019
Your personal security and privacy
- This is important.
- You will use our safety-first training smartphones and SIM cards, not your own phone (so people who don’t have a smartphone will fit in perfectly).
Mildmay Community Centre – location and travel
- Woodville Rd, Mayville Estate, N16 8NA
- Google map – Mildmay CC
- Newington Green bus stops: 21, 73, 141, 236, 341, 476.
- Matthias Rd bus stop: 236
- Nearest bus stop is the Matthias Rd 236 stop.
- Nearest station: Dalston Kingsland.
Our street map
The blue blobs show the position of bus stops. The pink line shows walking routes from the bus stops.