Courses and workshops – groupwork for older people
Updated 25 November 2022
Our learning sessions are for small groups of older people, focussing together on one topic that is important to them. Courses are usually weekly events during a single month. Workshops are one-off events.
We think Groupwork is a better way to describe what we do — it differentiates us from the common Adult Education model, in which everything is predictable and pre-plannned, with an abrupt ending for learners. Our Groupwork is co-designed, co-produced and delivered entirely by older people — and can be followed up at our weekly Digital Drop-in.
Whitmore Community Centre
Mildmay Community Centre (Monday afternoons)
- Learning Together – Smartphones
- Tell us what you want from this course » January Course Consultation «
- How to be Smart with a Phone.
- Email on your phone or tablet.
- How to search the World-Wide Web on your phone or tablet.
- How to manage photos on your phone or tablet.
- Google Docs for beginners.
- WhatsApp for Senior Citizens (twice)
- How to make a safe password.
- Smartphones for beginners.
- Touchscreen skills.
- How to be safe on the internet.
- Exploring the internet with smartphones.