Community digital for older people
Updated 30 May 2023
Our learning sessions are for small groups of older people, focussing together on one topic that is important to them.
We think Groupwork is a better way to describe what we do — it differentiates us from the common Adult Education model, in which everything is predictable and pre-plannned, with an abrupt ending for learners. Our Groupwork is co-designed, co-produced and delivered entirely by older people — and can be followed up at our weekly Digital Drop-in.
Mildmay Community Centre
- Exploring digital photos – Monday afternoons, 2 to 4 pm – 5, 12, 19 & 26 June.
- Food hub at Mildmay
- Mildmay Community Radio launch
- Learn My Way workshop
- Apps for Work and Community
- Learning with laptops
- Exploring the web with smartphones
- How to be safe on the internet
- How to be Smart with a Phone
- Email on your phone or tablet
- How to search the World-Wide Web on your phone or tablet
- How to manage photos on your phone or tablet
- Google Docs for beginners.
- WhatsApp for Senior Citizens (twice)
- How to make a safe password.
- Smartphones for beginners.
- Touchscreen skills.
- How to be safe on the internet.
- Exploring the internet with smartphones.