The least connected get the most attention
We expect to make changes and add more activities here. But our priority is what works best for the least connected older people — which is more than half of our drop-in users. Most of those activities won’t be listed here because they depend on personal contact by phone and SMS.
Weekly in our real world
50+ Secret Garden Party
Wednesday, 2 to 3:30 pm
- A creative safe zone for older people to escape isolation, make new friends, and stay actively involved in a changing world.
- A social drop-in with a digital content creation bonus. We encourage podcasting, live radio, photography and music — options that everybody is free to take on or pass by.
- Every Wednesday afternoon in the real world, at St Mary’s Secret Garden.
- We follow up digital issues and questions at the Friday HelpSpace.
- We follow up podcast topics at the Radio Together Hangout.
- For more detail, please visit page 50-plus Digital at St Mary’s Secret Garden
Friday, 12 to 1 pm
- This is a weekly drop-in for digital support (or anything else on your mind).
- Intended for beginners, so please don’t expect rigorous meeting room etiquette.
- More detail and link – 50pd.uk/inclusion/help/#helpspace
Radio Together Hangout
Friday, 2 to 3:30 pm
- Older people talking to each other and to guests — about anything.
- Designed for people who can listen as well as talk.
- A Friday afternoon follow-up for the Wednesday afternoon podcast group at the Secret Garden.
- We publish our micro-episodes on page 50+ Voices.
- For more detail, please email email@example.com
El Café de la Mente
- For older people learning or re-learning Spanish under lockdown. No lessons — just practice and reinforcement. Los hablantes de lengua nativa son bienvenidos.
- A small autonomous group, but ready to welcome new people.
- For more detail, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact us about this program
Send an email
- 07761 887927