Where the least connected get the most attention
We expect to make changes and add more activities here. But our priority is what works best for the least connected older people — which is more than half of our drop-in users. Some of those activities won’t be listed here because they depend on personal contact by phone and SMS.
Weekly in our real world
50+ in the Curve Garden —
Tuesdays, 11 am to 1:30 pm
Tuesday 5 January – we are now under lockdown 3. Our New Year program is impossible. So we are planning something else. Please stay in touch with us.
- Every Tuesday in the real world, at Dalston Eastern Curve Garden (13 Dalston Lane, E8 3DF — opposite the library).
- A creative safe zone for older people to escape isolation, make new friends, and stay actively involved in a changing world.
- Social drop-in with a digital support bonus. We encourage podcasting, live radio, photography and music — options that everybody is free to take on or pass by.
- We follow up digital issues and questions offline (phone, text), by email, or at our online help sessions.
- We follow up podcast topics at the Radio Together Hangout.
- For more detail, please visit page 50-plus in the Curve Garden.
Digital inclusion and digital participation
- It’s not easy to give direct help with digital problems at the garden meetings. Nevertheless, we think we have found a safe solution and we will start in October.
- Meanwhile, we can talk about your digital and other support needs, and then follow up online or by phone.
- If you have a device that requires Internet, please bring it. You can connect to the excellent Curve Garden wifi network.
Following up online
- We will help with digital issues at the existing online help sessions.
- We are developing ideas for online courses and workshops for people who have involved themselves in the Garden projects, and for people who can’t go to the Gardens because they are shielding.
- A weekly online drop-in for digital support (or anything else on your mind) – usually Thursday afternoon.
- Intended for beginners, so please don’t expect rigorous meeting room etiquette.
- More detail and link – 50pd.uk/inclusion/help/#helpspace
How to contact us about this program
Send an email
- 07761 887927