Exploring Digital Photos (26 June)
The plan (using Windows with desktop software)
All this will be explained before you do it …
- Visit a free stock photo site.
- Find a photo that you think you can improve by cropping.
- Download to the laptop.
- Use paint.net to crop the photo.
- Optional – use paint.net to adjust lighting, shadows, highlights, saturation.
- Save the edited photo to PNG format with a new name.
- Use RIOT to resize your edited photo to width 768 pixels.
- Use RIOT to save your resized photo to JPG format with a maximum filesize 50 kb.
- Make a new blog post that includes your JPG photo.
Then – if we have time – do it again.