Updated 11 August 2022
Wednesday 17 August, 1-4 pm
- We will continue special support for people puzzled by the £150 Energy Rebate and people who would be entitled to the £650 Cost of Living payment if they were on Pension Credit. More information about that in our blog posts Council tax energy rebate, Pension Credit and the cost of living payment and the MRS-IL August newsletter.
Digital confidence, learning together
If you are 50 or over — please keep reading, because this is for you and it’s a free service.
Have you got a smartphone, tablet or laptop that you don’t quite understand?
Older people often feel a bit lost in a digital world that doesn’t seem to reflect their values or experience. But there is a lot you can do that is genuinely useful — both for yourself and your family or community.
We are here to help you find your own way through the digital maze — and be confident that you are doing the right thing.
No device, no Internet?
Most older people are like you. Sometimes it’s a choice. Sometimes it’s a lack of opportunity. Sometimes older people just don’t know how to get started.
We are here to help you over those obstacles.
And if you have decided that the Internet is not for you, we can help manage that choice too. We are here to help you with the life decisions that you make for yourself.
For more information, please join us at Mildmay Community Centre or visit our contact page.
Digital support for all older people
Mildmay Community Centre
Where the least connected get the most attention.
Wednesday Digital Drop-in for 1:1 help
- Every Wednesday, 1 to 4 pm
- It’s a drop-in for older people. That means you come when you can and leave when you must. You do not need an appointment or a referral.
- All older people welcome — for any purpose, digital or not.
- Internet access: we bring tablets and laptops, set up specifically for older beginners.
- You can bring your own device (especially if you have a problem with it) or you can use one of ours.
- Get help from our very experienced volunteer team.
- Mildmay CC has excellent, secure wifi for everyone who needs it.
Location and travel
- Mildmay Community Centre
Woodville Rd, Mayville Estate, N16 8NA
- Google map – Mildmay CC
- Newington Green bus stops: 21, 73, 141, 236, 341, 476.
- Matthias Rd bus stop: 236
- Nearest bus stop is the Matthias Rd 236 stop.
- Nearest station: Dalston Kingsland.
Our street map
The blue blobs show the position of bus stops. The pink line shows walking routes from the bus stops.
Digital inclusion is social inclusion
It may be a few weeks before we restore normal activity — but we are on the right track.
Help, and how to ask questions
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone or text to 07423 162019