Online learning – in your own way
A workshop for senior citizens at Mildmay Community Centre – Monday 24 April, 2 to 4 pm
NB: this workshop has finished.
Learn My Way is a website of free online learning for beginners, helping you develop digital skills to make the most of the online world.
This is a new version of Learn My Way. It’s obviously intended for people who don’t have much internet experience, but it’s not just for total beginners. We think you would like it — and it’s definitely a good drop-in activity.
So here is the link » https://new.learnmyway.com/ «
About the workshop
Where and when
- Mildmay Community Centre (main hall).
- 2 to 4 pm (it’s ok to arrive early – the café area is a nice place to wait).
What you will do and learn
- It’s a one-off workshop to get you started with Learn My Way.
- You will register as a learner (for that, you will need an email address that you can access at the workshop).
- You will understand how to use the Learn My Way modules, and follow your own progress.
- And you will definitely learn something new.
How to sign up
- Signing up in advance is not essential – but if we know you are coming, we will keep your place until 2:05 pm (ie- for five minutes). You can tell us you are coming in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Otherwise, it’s first come – first served.
After the workshop
- You can carry on with Learn My Way whenever you like – anywhere you have internet access.
- Our Wednesday afternoon drop-in would be a ideal place to continue Learn My Way. You can use our laptops with the community centre wifi, and help from our volunteers.
- Our Learn My Way page is 50pd.uk/learn-my-way
- The Learn My Way Help page is new.learnmyway.com/help
Workshop organised by MRS – Independent Living (MRS-IL) – Digital Confidence project – 50pd.uk