Skip to content
Our hopes and aspirations for this year
50+ Digital Drop-in
- Every Wednesday afternoon, 1-4 pm — at Mildmay Community Centre.
- Open and free for all older people — bring your own device, or use our laptops — two secure wifi networks in a warm, vibrant community atmosphere — and a very experienced volunteer team.
- Arrive early (12:30 pm) for the Community Centre’s free Winter Warmer lunch.
- More detail on the Home page.
Courses and workshops
- Monday afternoons, 2-4 pm — at Mildmay Community Centre.
- Advance signup required for most of these learning activities — but you can occupy the unused space for quiet drop-in.
- More detail on the Learning page.
50+ Data Bank
- Free mobile data, texts and calls to people in need … think of it like a ‘food bank’ but for internet connectivity data.
- More detail on the Data Bank page.
50+ Device Bank
- We are not quite ready to launch this new sub-project — we have to wait until mid-January for that.
- Free internet-enabled devices … think of it like a ‘food bank’ but for refurbished laptops and smartphones.
- More detail coming soon.
- It’s still difficult to attract the attention of large city firms – so we are contacting small local enterprises that might have much more to offer.
- Done! – two local startups joined us at the 11 January Digital Drop-in. They are Point Two (photo studio) and Haus of Shee (hair stylists).
How to join 50+ Digital
- Just come!
- We are close to good transport links.
- You don’t need a referral letter.
- We are interested in who you are, not where you live.